[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Pendergrass, Greg
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 3:48 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] problem running fw commands

I'm running 4.1 SP-2 on IPSO and when I try to do most fw commands I get the
message "Unable to open '/dev'fw0': Operation not supported by device". Here
are some examples:

Manager[admin]# fw stat
HOST      POLICY     DATE
Unable to open '/dev/fw0': Operation not supported by device
Failed to get interface list: Operation not supported by device
Cannot get interface list: Operation not supported by device
Failed to get interface status on localhost: Operation not supported by
device

Manager[admin]# fw unload localhost

Uninstalling Security Policy from all.all@Manager
Unable to open '/dev/fw0': Operation not supported by device
Failed to Uninstall Security Policy from localhost: Operation not supported
by device

This is my backup management box, I copy the rulebases and object files over
on a daily basis from my primary management server. I can ssh into it and
use voyager but I can't use the gui client even though my IP address is in
the gui-clients file.

How do I fix this and make this into a viable backup management server?

Thanks,

Greg Pendergrass
Network Security Engineer
Vodafone Global Content Services
tel: +44mob: +44 07876 478 991
mailto:[email protected]

Vodafone Global Content Services Limited
Registered Office:  Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire  RG14
2FN

Registered in England No. 4064873

This e-mail is for the addressee(s) only.  If you are not an addressee, you
must not distribute, disclose, copy, use or rely on this e-mail or its
contents, and you must immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
and all copies from your system.  Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.  The
information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged.