From: Jonathan Nichols [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 7:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Traffic between subnets - problem

Laidlaw, Rob wrote:

> You need to create two rules.  The first being the rule you have
> saying that dmz -> known should remain unchanged.  Below that rule,
> put another rule saying that dmz -> any nat to whatever.

Ok. So I should have

dmz -> "Known" -> Any = Original = Original = Original -> FW1box
dmz -> Any     -> Any = Hide     = Original = Original -> FW1box

Correct?

(I tried to keep the columns in order.. :)

If I choose right click the column, there's "Add (Static)" and "Add
(Hide)" - Both of them bring up my list of network objects. What should
I choose? When doing the 1 to 1 NAT for the DMZ, I've been choosing the
(Hide) NAT choices.
Should I make a new network object just for a NAT hide object?

Sorry for being so lost. I really *am* lost and amazed that I got this
far sometimes. :)

-Jonathan

This electronic transmission contains information from Methodist Health System
and should be considered confidential and privileged.  The information contained
in the above messages is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this information is prohibited.
If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail.  Methodist Health System, its subsidiaries and affiliates
hereby claim all applicable privileges related to the transmission of this
communication.