Re: [FW-1] "Secureclient problem".

hi,

with FP3 VPN-routing with securemote is not possible, you have to upgrade
to FP4.

or you can use a proxy or terminal-server in your local net to access the
head office.

cheers
reinhard

At 15:54 03.07.2003 +0530, you wrote:
Hi,

I am running checkpoint firewall NG FP3.
I have a site to site VPN with my head office.  I have given secureclient
access to my remote users. They can access my local network but they cannot
access my head office network.

Can any one guide me on this

Thanks

-----Original Message----- From: Damon Cassell [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 8:13 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [FW-1] "Failed to initilaze temp_dir" errors during SmartCenter upgrade.

I have a 4.1 management station living on a Solaris 2.6 box. The new R54 upgrade tools (specifically, upgrade_export) apparently do not run on Solaris 2.6. It bails immediately on an OS version error. Apparently, these tools were compiled on a later version of Solaris.

So what I did was build a "transition" Solaris 2.8 box, and copy
/opt/CPfw1-41 and /var/opt/CPfw1-41 from the 2.6 box to the 2.8 box.
Additionally, I copied /var/sadm/pkg/CPfw1-41 and all of the entries for
CPfw1-41 in /var/sadm/install/contents. In my estimation, this was quicker
than building a clone of the management station and then having to upgrade
the OS. The idea is to simply get an exported database configuration. It
will be imported into another Solaris 9 box already running NG AI
SmartCenter. This transition box can then be trashed.

The pre_upgrade_verifier tool works great on the 2.8 transition box. It
inspects the configuration and makes some reasonable recommendations. No
problem there.

However, when I run upgrade_export I get the following error:

[smartcenter-transition]# ./upgrade_export db_config

You are required to close all Check Point clients before the Export
operation begins. If the export fails, stop Check Point services and run the
upgrade_export command again. Press ENTER when ready..

  Checking the existence of necessary files...
  Copying files to temp dir...
  _get_cp_temp_dir: Failed to initilaze temp_dir.
  _get_cp_temp_dir: Failed to initilaze temp_dir.
  Failed to export. Please close all Check Point clients.
If the failure to export persists, stop all Check Point Services and run the
upgrade_export command again.

Can you please offer me some insight into how to solve this temp_dir issue,
or perhaps a better way to upgrade our 4.1 on Solaris 2.6 console (which we
cannot upgrade in place)?

Damon Cassell
MITRE Corp