[FW-1] [LOG_INFO] kernel: netlog:eth-s1p2 .. Link is UP but the link int egrity test is failing

My backup HA firewall (IP650- IPSO 3.5 FCS8/4.1 SP6) becomes
semi-unresponsive about once every other month.  Today, it happened just
after a power outage.  It still logs to the master, but you can't push a
policy to it.  There is noticable latency when you ssh into it.  It is NOT a
DNS issue, as this is turned off.  For the first time, an error has showed
up in the /var/log/messages file:

Jul  2 14:47:43 x [LOG_INFO] kernel: netlog:eth-s1p2 .. Link is UP but
the link integrity test is failing

Here is the strange thing.  I failed the master to the backup, all traffic
was flowing normally.  I then failed back, and tried to push a policy, and
it pushed to the backup HA firewall, and the latency is gone.  I saw someone
else post this back in June of 2002 without any follow-up.  Any ideas would
be greatly appreciated.

-Aaron