[FW-1] SMTP Security Server and "550 Mailbox Unavailable" errors

We've been using the SMTP security server to front-end our Sendmail systems
for some time.
While running Firewall-1 4.1, we very occasionally saw e-mail bounced by the
firewall with the error in the subject line - "Mailbox Unavailable". It
wasn't frequent enough to be noticable, but happened now and then.

We upgraded to NG FP3. All hell broke loose - a large percentage of our
inbound e-mail was getting bounced with "Mailbox Unavailable". A few
searches using Google have found that there are others that have apparently
seen this problem, which is "fixed" by turning off the option that has the
firewall add a "Received" line to the incoming mail.  Unfortunately, doing
this makes spam tracking impossible.

However, given the fact that others have posted about this on this mailing
list, *Checkpoint claims they've never heard about anyone having this
problem!!!*

Is that true? Has *nobody else* reported these errors to Checkpoint? Or, are
they just giving us a story?
Is anyone else working with them on a fix? Does turning off the addition of
the "Received" line really fix this problem?