Re: [FW-1] Office Mode & Tunnel Test

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 07:33:56 +0400, "Balaji Ilakkumanan (ISTD)"
<[email protected]> said:
> Try giving the Address pool for Office mode strange and not at all
> related
> to your setup , since the firewall thinks it is from the same subnet.

The address pool I'm using is a completely different subnet to any other
defined in my test lab, illustrated below for reference:

In my testing I've created a FP3 firewall running SecurePlatform and
connected it to two subnets.  The 'internal' in 192.168.100.0/24
(firewall has .80) and the 'external' is 192.168.50.0/24 (firewall has
.80).  The topology is defined correctly and I've created a Client
Encrypt rule.  I'm running a Secure Client on 192.168.50.106 and have
defined a site for 192.168.50.80.  Without Office Mode this works fine
and I'm able to connect to a resource in the encryption domain (i.e. the
internal network).

I then created a network object for 192.168.200.0/24 and assigned it as a
manual range for Office Mode on the firewall object.  Having changed the
Secure Client to 'Connect Mode' I then attempted to establish a
connection to the same site and then received the error 'tunnel_test
failed'.  If I added a static route on the firewall pointing the
192.168.200.0/24 network at my Secure Client real IP address
(192.168.50.106) the tunnel test worked fine.

Cheers,
Chris