From: Daniel Samaan [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: jeudi 6 mars 2003 01:36
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] PING from the Nokia command line takes sooooo long to begin

I've got these pair of IP530's running 3.6 FCS4.

When I'm consoled to the boxes and initiate a ping x.x.x.x it takes like
45-60s before the Nokia actually initiates the ping.  When I ping one of
it's interfaces it begins right away.

Also, from my laptop, when I telnet and/or SSH to the FW's it takes a real
long time before the Nokia responds. However, when I ping the Nokia
interfaces from my laptop it responds right away.

Any ideas?

Daniel Samaan
Technical Security Consultant
CCSE, CCNA, CSPFA, CSVPN, CCA, MCSE+I
Cell:[email protected]

Forsythe Solutions
5440 W. Fargo Avenue
Skokie, IL 60077
www.forsythesolutions.com

Building cost-effective IT infrastructure that organizations trust.

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les information contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toute diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.
This e-mail, any attachements and the information contained (herein " the message" ) are confidentiel and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) if you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, of this  message is stictly prohibited