Re: [FW-1] Unrelated Topic - Help needed

Title: Message
Are not your Internal and DMZ servers behind the same FW?
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 8:53 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Unrelated Topic - Help needed

I need advice:

Background:

·         we test the development of new web pages on internal web servers

·         we confirm that all aspects of the web pages are working as expected

·         we then replicate that new information to the public web servers

·         we have 2 ways of doing this right now – both suck.

·         One is by floppy disk – a major pain in the @ss.

·         One is by NETBIOS communication between the internal and DMZ server (don’t flip)

I do not like either of these two methods. One is too slow and the other one is totally insecure. How can we do file transfers between the internal network and the DMZ without compromising security? Can it be done? We use NG FP3 on Win2K.

Please help?