[FW-1] Core dump when starting SmartViewTracker

Title: Core dump when starting SmartViewTracker

Hi all!

We are trying to upgrade a Firewall-1 v. 4.1 Mgmt. Center to Firewall-1 NG FP3 SmartCenter.

Everything seems to be going well, and all of our Firewall-1 v. 4.1 modules connects instantly to the SmartCenter. I'm also able to install policies on all the modules. But..., when I try to start the SmartView Tracker GUI it just gives me a message saying: Server initialization. Please wait...". I let it wait for quite a while but nothing happens, and in the end I have to choose "End Task" to kill the SmartView Tracker application.

I notice that when I try to start the SmartView Tracker a core file is created on the SmartCenter server in /etc/fw/log. The size is always the same (16710420 bytes).

I have in fact tried to this on 2 different machines (using the recipe found in a paper called "CheckPoint NG FP3 Backup Strategy by Oral Mohan (November 2002)), and the same thing happens on both the machines.

The SmartCenter is running on Enterprise 280R, Solaris 8 (64bit).

Any help or thoughts regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Brgds.
Kenneth Gregersen
Network Security Consultant
Network Security/OSLXN-S