From: Robert Mezzone <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] FP3 Install Problems
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:18:03 -0500

I'm building a new server, WIN2K SP3 and NG FP2 CD. Everything installs
fine. Every time I go to install FP3 from the wrapper download, or even
from
the individual downloads, Foundation Pack installs fine but at the end of
the Feature Pack install it comes back with the following error.

unable to register dlls in

c:\winnt\fw1\ng\conf\component_reg.conf

After I reboot I am unable to log into the Dashboard, it comes back with an
error, "connection cannot be initiated make sure the server is up and
running.

All FW-1 services are running.

I have to uninstall FP3 and FP2, then reinstall FP2 in order to be able to
log into the policy editor. I haven't been able to find anything about this
error on PhoneBoy or Google.

I'm thinking maybe I should just stay with FP2, that's what they used in
the
FW-1 Training class.

Robert