[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
Picotte, VJ
Sent: 27 February 2003 12:48
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Interface Addressing

Currently I have a FW ( Nokia Ip440, CP 4.1) that on the external Interface
there are two IP address ranges. I want to add a third, but I can't get the
new IP's to work. On the FW Workstation Properties / Interface Tab it looks
like this for the external interface:
eth-s1p1c0      .5.101.18    255.255.255.0

The IP's that work are .5.101.18/28 and xxx.5.101.227/28  where xxx = is
the same

I want xxx.49.154.32/27 to work.

Does the entry that is in the Interface Tab cover the first two ranges? And
by not having an entry for the new IP cause it not to work? I also noticed
that there are more Interfaces installed on the Nokia than show up in the
Tab - as in I've two more 4-port cards to the box and none of them are
showing up, but all 8 of those Interfaces are working, but none of them are
'real' IP's - they are all for internal use.
If I have to add the new IP - do I do it manually or let the FW do it by
using the Get function?

VJ Picotte
Manager, Information Security Department
National Commerce Financial Corporation******************************************