From: John Beal
To: [email protected]
Sent: 26/2/2003 22:14
Subject: [FW-1] Only secondary enforcement point in Firewall Cluster is
logging t o SmartCenter

Hi list,

We are migrating our Checkpoint firewalls from FW-1 4.1 stand-alones
(VIG-U) to NG enforcement points (VFM-U) reporting to a SmartCenter
(EMC).  Our SmartCenter console is a Dell 1650 running Checkpoint
NG-FP3.  The firewalls we are having trouble with are two Nokia IP440's
running Checkpoint FW-1 version 4.1-SP6.  Both IP440's are setup in a
Firewall Cluster using Nokia VRRP.  These Nokia's have been re-licensed
from stand-alone devices (VIG) to enforcement points (VFM-U).  We
initially had a problem setting up putkey's between the IP440's and each
box had intermittently refused to accept policy pushes from the Dell
SmartCenter management console.  After fixing these problems (having
putkeys finally accept), one problem has arisen.  The secondary IP440 is
logging to the SmartCenter while the primary IP440 is not logging
traffic.

We have taken this problem to the Checkpoint Engineer of our VAR (and
his subsequent Checkpoint contacts) and received little help.  Any help
the list can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

John Beal, Network Engineer

Orcom Solutions, Inc.

NOTICE: This communication may contain proprietary or other confidential
business information of Orcom Solutions, Inc. If you are not the
intended recipient or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact
and delete the copy you received. In addition, you should not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Thank
you.