Re: [FW-1] fw sam error

Hello Mick,

Finally I made it work today. You need NG FP3 HF-1 (at least for my cluster
configuration). In fact it must work on a default instalation. Try this:

fw sam -v -s <fw object name> -D

If you still have the same answer, try to reset sic communication between
the module and management (caution you may lose conection). Reinitialize SIC
comunication and try again.

If you have a success response, then try fw sam -v -D. I hope you to have a
succefull response so that you can configure Realsecure communication.

In the management: fw putkey -opsec <ip realsecure net sensor> (provide a
shared secret twice as requested)

In the RS Sensor: opsec_putkey <ip management> (provide same secret
requested before, twice again)

Afeter that, from the RS Console stop and restar the sensor and that's all.
(check reponses so they are directed to the management, and a good way to
test it is enabling the "email debug" detection)

Finally, if you are unable to get a successful response at the manual
execution of sam commands from the management, think on sic_reset. This
operation is risky but it can be controled ("backup you configuration
first"). This might let you an unusable management and ready to use you
backup.

I hope this can can help you to configure your RealSecure. By the way, as
you only have one module, you can configure RS to interact directly with it,
replace management ip for module ip in the previous procedure, even in RS

Manuel Cabrera
CCSA. NSA.
Cosapisoft