Re: [FW-1] Cluster XL FP3 - Mulicast or Broadcast?

Thank you very much.
I have been looking for the Muticast MAC Address to add it statically
like you suggested, but haven't been able to find it.
Where can I get it? (I tried a Sniffer, and didn't help that much).

thanks again,

LB

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 05:30, Sylvain Defix wrote:
> ClusterXL works by mapping an unicast IP address (Cluster IP address) to a
> multicast IP address.
>
> As it's not exactly RFC like, Cisco switch and router seem to have problem
> with this.
>
> Check in the ARP table of the next hop router if you've got an entry
> associating the IP address of the cluster with the MAC multicast address. If
> not, add one static entry.
>
> Check in the CAM table of the switch if you could see the virtual multicast
> MAC addres. If not, add it statically on the interfaces on wich you've
> plugged the gateway.
>
> This should help solving the problem.
>
> Additionnaly, on complex LAN architecture, you could put all this in a
> seperate VLAN. We have tryed also to disable IGMP Snooping, on the switch.
> The purpose of this test was that the switch handle the multicast traffic as
> broadcast. We got 2 Cico in HSRP mode, and what we see is that it don't work
> too. The packets goes from one cisco to the other (real IP, not HSRP IP).
>
> Sylvain

Leonardo Boulton
Security Engineer

Cybertech Projects