Re: [FW-1] can't send SMTP mail

Greetings!

Martin byford wrote:
Hi.. I found that I can't send the SMTP mail from the firewall itself when
the firewall policy is on.  But when I fw unload localhost, I have no
problem sending it.  I can't understand this.  I thought firewall by
default
it will allow any traffic from the firewall itself regardless any policy
installed on it right.

That *CAN* set by Policy/Properties as implicit rule (note: this is an option). The default setting changed from "enabled" to "disabled" some time ago, IIRC (correct me please if I err here).

Solution is either (preferrably) to create an explicit rule to allow the
firewall to go out, or to check that the according property is set.

Bye

Volker Tanger
IT-Security Consulting

--