[FW-1] Problem in setup NG FP3 on Solaris

Title: Problem in setup NG FP3 on Solaris

Hi, all

I am in the process to test setup NG FP3 on Solaris 9 with distributed environment which seperates firewall module and management server (both Solaris 9). I am thinking to allow these systems only use local hosts file to resolve themselves instead of DNS, etc. I installed SVN foundation first and then immediately installed firewall software on these systems. For one system I chose the option "management server" and the other one system with option "firewall module" in "cpconfig". When I launch GUI client software and tried to connect to the firewall module, I got a message "initilized but not trusted" in the communication section of the Check Point module of GUI client even when I unloaded security policy on the firewall module. I can't communicate with the firewall module host in and out (it seemed that the network cable is unplugged from network on the firewall module host). If I delete the Check Point software from the firewall module host so it became a regular UNIX host, I can ping, telnet, ftp, etc. in and out the firewall module host (it seems that I plugged network cable on the firewall module host). Does anyone see this problem before? Thanks in advance.

Ryan Jiang