Re: [FW-1] Office mode with SecuRemote

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Office mode with SecuRemote
  • From: Robin Frousheger <[email protected]>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:41:54 +1100
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

I can offer some testing results with our environ...

Firewall: NG FP1 with OM Hotfix
Clients:  WinXP and Win2k with SecureClient 53333

Office mode allocates an "internal" address to each client for the
purposes of communicating to the firewall/internal network (This helps
overcome the problems resulting from loads of companies, hotels, home
users, etc using a 192.168.0.x network)

Secure Domain Logon allows SecureClient and the VPN to start *before* a
user logs on, thus allowing (nearly) seamless login to a domain
(Including profiles, login scripts, and group policy - almost)

SDL and 'Connect Mode' / 'Office Mode' can be used independently or
jointly with no ill effects.

A note on our findings with group policy and SDL:  It appears to work
perfectly with Win2k clients, and *totally* disables it on WinXP.

As yet, no one can (or is willing) to tell us why...

Regards,
Robin

---