Re: [FW-1] state Sync through a VLAN over gigabit ethernet fibre

On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 11:18 AM, Josh Fry wrote:

Hello

I would like to ask if it is possible to do state Synchronization
between 2 firewalls
in 2 different buildings  over a VLAN through a gigabit ethernet
fibre.
In the documentation I have read  that they must be physically
connected with a dedicated Mbit connection

both buildings have independent internet connectivity but if one
firewall dies ... traffic will be routed to the other firewall

Not a problem.. I've got a customer with about 50 IP530s doing this... Half of them in one data center, half in another a few miles away. State sync runs on VLANs spanned over the fiber between the sites. Works great.

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org / W: http://www.jasons.org/