Re: [FW-1] Ping through IPSEC VPN Tunnels?

You have to change the global preferences to Accept ICMP to "Before Last"
or something else so that the encryption rule to the sites is the first
matching rule for these ICMP packages (and of cause the encryption rule
must have "Any" services or include ICMP to allow the ping packages.

(The implied rules are just "hidden" rules and are processed the same ways
that other rules)

I hops this helps
/ Stefan Alkman

                    Joshua Pickering
                    <[email protected]>                     To:     [email protected]
                    Sent by: Mailing list for discussion       cc:
                    of Firewall-1                              Subject:     [FW-1] Ping through IPSEC VPN Tunnels?
                    <[email protected]
                    point.com>

                    2003-02-13 22:28
                    Please respond to Mailing list for
                    discussion of Firewall-1

All,

Please excuse the potentially newbie nature of this question.  I have 15
WatchGuard SOHO IPSEC routers in the field configured with VPN tunnels back
to my firewall (4.1SP5a running on IPSO).  I used to be able to ping the
inside interfaces (172.16.x.x) of these SOHOs and get a response.  I no
longer can.  What's changed?  I'm not sure.  In policy properties, I have
'Accept ICMP' set to 'First'.  Are there any other settings I should check?

Thanks in advance.
JP