Re: [FW-1] Howto: Delete the Hosts list in NG FP3 - IPSO 3.5

I think a "-t" modifier is missing before the table name.

====================================
Mauricio F. Muñoz Quevedo
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1           |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           kpoint.com>                        |
|         |                                              |
|         |                                              |
|         |           13/02/2003 08:43 a.m.              |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list for |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1           |
|         |                                              |
|---------+---------------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |        To:      [email protected]                                 |
  |        cc:                                                                                   |
  |        Subject: [FW-1] Howto: Delete the Hosts list in NG FP3 - IPSO 3.5                     |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi All,

First off, is there a good resource available online for the commands
available in IPSO 3.5?

Second, I am trying to run through the Phoneboy FAQ on deleting the hosts
table on the Nokia without any luck.  Running the

"fw tab host_table -x" command

just produces this message

"Please specify table name(s)"

The background is that I see messages int he syslog that we have more than
the 250 hosts but we do not we probably have approx. 210-225 including all
router/switches and server IP addresses.  Therefore it has somehow added up
some double entries.  Does anybody now khow how Checkpoint collects/stores
this host information and when/if it ever gets purged?

Thanks!

Chris