Re: [FW-1] 4.1 Management console to 4.0 enforcement modules

Well, I don´t know exactly, but I think this license is for distributed
systems and unlimited for 4.1 version, but I don´t know if I need another
license for 4.0 backward compatibility.

At your management console, did you have a license for 4.0 and a newer one
for 4.1 firewalls?... or just one for 4.0 and 4.1 firewalls?

I'm not sure you can verify that executing $FWDIR\fw1_4.0_bc\bin\fw
printlic

Javier E. San Martin Della Torre
Departamento de Comunicaciones
(54-11) 6329-6226
[email protected]

|---------+---------------------------------------------->
|         |           Yim Lee <[email protected]>        |
|         |           Enviado por: Mailing list for      |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1           |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           kpoint.com>                        |
|         |                                              |
|         |                                              |
|         |           13/02/2003 01:30 p.m.              |
|         |           Por favor, responda a Mailing list |
|         |           for discussion of Firewall-1       |
|         |                                              |
|---------+---------------------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |        Para:    [email protected]                                               |
  |        cc:                                                                                                 |
  |        Asunto:  Re: [FW-1] 4.1 Management console to 4.0 enforcement modules                               |

We were doing this about 10 months ago (4.1 management
station managing 4.0 fw module).  Are you sure that
the license can manage other fw modules?

Yim
--- Javier San Martin

http://shopping.yahoo.com