Re: [FW-1] FW1 4.1 sec policy question

Only problem I could see with this is that all your policies will actually be saved in a single file rulebases.fws. As you install the policy there may come a time when this file becomes large enough for the GUI client to time-out while the management server is compiling and installing. The compilation process and install will normally continue but your client may require a restart.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 12:23 PM
Subject: [FW-1] FW1 4.1 sec policy question

Hello

Some time ago I started re-naming the security policy on our  firewall to reflect the dates when changes are made, i.e., 2.10.03.  Does anyone see any possible problems with this approach?  Finally, I plan on keeping around 1 to 2 weeks worth of info (previously saved policies) around.  After that can I simply delete them?

Setup:

Dual Nokia ip440s (vrrp mode)
Checkpoint 4.1
w2k (mgmt station)