From: Richard Collins [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 9:48 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Problem using Websense (Internet Management software) with Firewall 1 sp5

I've run into a problem trying to update our internal LAN PC's to Microsoft's Update site when using the Websense software.  Removing all restrictions on the Websense package still prevents updates and can only be accomplished by opening the internal network rule on the firewall to http anywhere.

I've been told by a Websense techie that the FW1 isn't passing the entire instruction back to the Microsoft server and it hangs waiting for the rest before beginning to download.

If this has been discussed before, I apologize but would appreciate any help from anyone that has solved this problem.

Thanks in advance,

RT Collins

Oak Park, Illinois