Von: Mark Pace Balzan [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Februar 2003 21:00
An: [email protected]
Betreff: [FW-1] fw-1 4.1 on solaris7 trouble

Hi All,

I just did a fresh installation of fw-1 4.1 SP6 on core installation of
solaris 2.7 (32bit)

Even before I installed the service packs, when I reboot I get the following
error:

 FW_BOOT_DIR undefined. Using /etc/fw.boot
     FW-1: Restarting bootd: fwbootd: open: No such file or directory
     FW-1: Autopushing over remaining network interface drivers
     FW-1: Autopushing over qfe
     ap: ioctl failed: Invalid argument
     FW-1: qfe autopush failed: resetting ...
     Usage:
             ap -a drv minor last-minor mod [mod ...]
             etc......

I subsequently also get a Unable to to open '/dev/fw0':  No such file or
directory

I followed the faq in phoneboy, but it didnt work unfortunately.
Also replaced the startup scripts with the actual files, rather than
symlinks to /etc/init.d

When the machine boots up after screen fulls of the above, and I do a
'rem_drv fw' and 'add_drv fw', then all three fw modules come up if I do a
'modinfo | grep fw'.

Also if I start fw manually from /etc/rc start scripts, it does find all
interfaces and seems to work fine, and security policy installs as well.

this has got me round in circles

Any thoughts on what is happening here ?

thanks in advance

Mark