Re: [FW-1] Cluster XL ip config

Drake, Brian a écrit:

I have a fairly simple, I hope, question about the ip config of a cluster. We are going to do load sharing. Is the external side private addresses with the cluster being defined as the public address? Also do you give the internal interfaces addresses on the internal network? Does anyone have any links to a good install guide or topology? I have looked through the NG user guide, and have not seen anything definite about these questions.  Thanks

Hello,

If I understood the meaning of cluster XL, the checkpoint cluster XL only synchronizes the connections between your modules. The Ip config (load sharing or failover) is configured on your material (solaris, nokia, etc.).
And the topology definition on the cluster XL object has no meaning, that is, you can leave the topology entries empty, and it works.

if you have nokia boxes, you can grab the docs from digital migrations
( http://www.digitalmigrations.com/nokia_faqs.htm ).

hope this'll help

nicolas figaro