Re: [FW-1] Firewall stops routing after 4 hours

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Firewall stops routing after 4 hours
  • From: Security <[email protected]>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:00:28 +0100
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Title: Bericht
NGFP3 HF1 fixes this issue.
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: MARK GRAHAM [mailto:[email protected]]
Verzonden: donderdag 6 februari 2003 17:32
Aan: [email protected]
Onderwerp: [FW-1] Firewall stops routing after 4 hours

I am relatively inexperienced with FW1.
However, I was given the task of migrating the firewall to new hardware while changing the OS from WinNT 4 SP6a to Windows 2000 SP3.
All the while upgrading Check Point from 4.1 sp6 to NG FP3.

I followed Check Point's instructions and had no problem switching servers or platform.
I was able to upgrade to FP2 without any issues.

When I upgraded to FP3, the firewall seemed to be working fine.
Then after around 4 hours later the firewall stopped working.
I checked the Event Viewer saw no issues and the firewall did not show any problems.

I chalked it up to some anomaly and rebooted.
It once again worked fine, then 4 hours later it stopped working.

So in my test environment I set up a PC to refresh a website automatically every 5 minutes.
Now my logs show the PC going to website every 5 minutes.
However, when the firewall stops working after 4 hours, my logs show no http traffic from that point on.
No drops, No accepts, even though the PC is trying to refresh the site.

The only thing it shows are DNS request as accepts.
However, the PC can not resolve anything with DNS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark