From: Wayne Ho [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 11:51 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Static Mapping and ARP issue in Win2k NG FP3

All Checkpoint gurus:

I want to allow http into an internal webserver. The
IP address of the firewall external interface is
1.2.3.1., the internal is 10.0.208.5. The web server
is 10.0.208.9, with static mapping to 1.2.3.10 which
is visible from world. According to Checkpoint FP3
with automatic arp configuration, I shouldn't need to
put the static entry. However, when I ping any
external IP address from webserver, the ping doesn't
go through. I allow outgoing in firewall. The firewall
should log going out, but nothing comes back. I am
pretty sure it's routing issue. So, I have

route add 1.2.3.10 MASK 255.255.255.255 10.0.208.5
and arp -s 1.2.3.10 10-be-05-0f-02-0a

Still have no clue. Please give me advise.
Thanks.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com