From: Read, Andrew [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 February 2003 12:15 p.m.
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] OWA with Clientless VPN

Hi All,

I am trying to set-up Clientless VPN with Outlook web access using
SecurePlatfrom FP3 HF1. Enforcement and Mgmt module installed on the one
server.

According to page 142 of the Check Point VPN Guide, I need to:

Makesome modifications needs to Objects_5_0.C.
1 Stop the VPN-1/FireWall-1 service, by issuing the cpstop command
2 Edit the Objects_5_0.C and insert the following properties, under the
relevant
VPN-1/FireWall-1 module
3 "http_allow_content_disposition" ("true")
4 This enables the "content disposition" header to be accepted by
VPN-1/FireWall-1
as a legitimate HTTP header (it is dropped by default)
5 ·"enable_propfind_method" ("true")
6 This enables the method extensions (I.E methods other the GET, HEAD ...)
used
by Microsoft Outlook Web Access, by default these unknown methods are not
accepted.
7 Start the VPN-1/FireWall-1 service by issuing the "cpstart" command
8 Load the policy.

After I have issued the CPSTOP, I can not connect with dbedit, either to
127.0.0.1, or the actual IP. The error is "Session Not Established". I can
log in fine before the cpstop.

Is this becasue I am running the managment module on the same box as the
enforment module? Can I not just issue a cpstop and cpstart after the
changes. Do I need to reinstall te policy after the changes for the
objects.C to be updated from the Objects_5_0.C, or does this happen with a
CPSTART anyway?

Also, if someone could help me with the actual commands for step 3 and 5. I
have little experience with DBEDIT.

All these changes are being made on a non-production firewall.

Regards,

Andrew Read

The information contained in this email is confidential and
may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
error please notify the sender and delete all copies of this
message including any attachments it may contain.
The email or its content does not necessarily represent the
views of the company.