Re: [FW-1] Problem with domain-udp

Hi,

SmartDefense... icon on toolbar, select DNS, and uncheck the 'UDP protocol
enforcement'.

Üdvözlettel/Best regards,

--
András Kis-Szabó
Check Point Product Manager,  CCSE

                    [email protected]
                    Sent by: Mailing list for discussion        To:     [email protected]
                    of Firewall-1                               cc:
                    <[email protected]        Subject:     [FW-1] Problem with domain-udp
                    point.com>

                    2003.02.04 08:48
                    Please respond to Mailing list for
                    discussion of Firewall-1

Hello,

we have some strange problems with DNS. Our DNS server is not able to
resolve some addresses but has no problems with others. The domain that
cause the problem seems to be doubleclick.net (Not that I really need them
but it causes an anoying delay). In the SmartView Tracker I can find
dropped packets from the firewall to DNS servers outside our net with rule
0, source port domain-udp and the information "Attack Info: Illegal query
format".

The firewall is an NG FP3 HF1 on Solaris 8.

Can anybody tell me what to do?

regards
        Rainer

--
Rainer Freis                                    Leiter
Systemadministration

santix AG      Max-Planck-Str. 7      D-85716 Unterschleissheim
Phone: (+49) 89 321506-24            Fax  : (+49) 89 321506-99

You don't know what real time-critical software is until you're
responsible for the paychecks of a battalion of heavily armed
Marines.  (somebody in alt.sysadmin.recovery)