[FW-1] Lost connectivity, hopeful for explanation

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] Lost connectivity, hopeful for explanation
  • From: Christopher Ferraro <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:07:34 -0600
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

All:

This morning at 8:37, my offices lost connectivity to our central site.

Connectivity was restored at 9:07, no configuration changes we made by
any engineers at any site.

An error message in my application log at 8:37 reads as follows:

firewall-1: allow_encryption: fw_dtab_record_conn failed: The access
code is invalid

Does anyone have any clues as to what this indicates ?  I am also seeing
an abnormally high amount of tcp errors, specifically, the error
"unknown established tcp packet"

CF

Christopher A. Ferraro
Senior Systems Engineer, Hubbard One