Re: [FW-1] Future Platform

Barber, Chris wrote:
My vote would be for SecurePlatform.

Repost from November:

I fear I'll have to object strongly. The so-called "SecurePlatform" is
based on an old RH without security-updates or -fixes. For example
OpenSSHD is supplied in the older remote-rootable version 3.1 and the
kernel is an ancient version 2.4.9 considered beta.

Updates or fixes are not available. In fact, installing or updating any
packages will void CKP support (according to upstream support).
Consequently support for RH's Up2Date was removed from the package.

IMHO:   No updates is *not* good.
        Serious holes and no updates is bad.
        Officially shipping and serious holes and no updates is ...
                ...grossly negligent?
                ...intent?

really disappointed :-(

Volker Tanger
IT-Security Consulting

PS: My personal opinion, not necessarily my employer's (official one).
    We will keep on hardenening RH for CKP installation by ourselves,
    though....

--
discon gmbh
Wrangelstraße 100