Re: [FW-1] Anyone using IP 440?

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Anyone using IP 440?
  • From: Alan Choyna <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:53:53 -0500
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

We have an IP440, and use the monitor and keyboard, as we've had the rare occasion where we could not ssh into the box.

We are now running 4.1 SP6 and we haven't had the ssh issue since we upgraded.

While we were upgrading a Nokia support guy said that it was not recommended to use the video and keyboard ports on the ip440 as it could cause some technical issues. This could be your issue.

FYI: When you watch the system boot from the monitor, you don't see any of the boot messages as you do from the serial console. You just get the prompt once the ip440 has booted.

Alan.