Re: [FW-1] slow network connection to slave firewall

Yes when it happended to me, everything ran slow, push pulls of the policy,
ls, logins...

[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of <Aaron
Reynolds>
Sent: 02 January 2003 21:12
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] slow network connection to slave firewall

I believe you, but I am just telling you what I see on the primary and
secondary firewall.  When I ssh into the boxes, I get a password prompt, but
tcpdump shows no dns traffic for the reverse lookup.  Only after I
successfully authenticate does it send the reverse lookup.  Also, if this
was a reverse lookup issue would it be causing problems with a policy
fetch/push, as well as SSL voyager connections.  It is not just ssh, it
seems to be everything.  Right now I can't test turning off DNS, because it
is not happening right now.  I am more than willing to see if that is the
cause the next time it occurs.  Thanks for your help.

-Aaron