[FW-1] Réf. : [FW-1] AW: Re: [FW-1] AW: [FW-1] Static NAT problem

Hello

In 4.1 the static dest nating is theoretically done outbound (when the
packet LEAVES the firewall).

This means you may not see your translated ip in your tcpdump as nat is
done after ip stack, routing and outbound filtering.

I remind you that NAT can be done inbound for NAT automatic rules only in
FP2 and can be done inbound for NAT automatic  AND manual rules in FP3.

In my opinion, you could perform these exercises:
- 1) add the translated ip as authorized network on the internal interface
of your fw object (or deactivate antispoofing as reinhardt mentionned)
- 2) add the route as mentionned by Reinhard
-3) DO NOT FORGET ARP RESOLUTION !! Publish your external address with arp
-s.
-4) Write rules with the external ip if you do not do auto nat.
-5) Redhat : ip masquerade should NOT be activated You have kernel 2.2. or
2.4. ?

I take this opportunity to wish you all a perfect 2003 year.

HTH

Ivan

hi,

try to add the route as I wrote below and try again. another common-error
is ip-spoofing. try to disable all ip-spoofing settings and connect again.

cheers
reinhard