Re: [FW-1] Topology tab of Checkpoint object - not able to specify Internal interf

when you right click the object and select edit, what does it say it is in
the top of the window? "Checkpoint ..."?

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Lee
Robinson
Sent: 23 December 2002 22:30
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Topology tab of Checkpoint object - not able to specify
Internal interface

First off, thank you guys for your input so far...

Ooooooook so after reading from SecureKnowledge, it was in fact the option
for Traditional rules with encryption must be checked off, and THEN you have
to recreate your whole policy. Yay, thanks CP. Now that I've done that BS, I
am still unable to specify the External and Internal interfaces of the
Checkpoint object. It just selects External and the bottom half of the
Topology page is GREYED OUT such as the option for Internal, selecting the
network it's behind, ect. When I select "Get Topology" it works fine, it
just selects both of them as external and when I click OK, then all packets
are dropped because it's transferring packets between two external
interfaces...hence no Internet access until I remove the actual Internal
interface (which is selected as External on the topology page).

So, my question is: WHY is the option to select which interface is Internal
GREYED OUT?!?!?! Is anyone else having this much fun today? GEEZ, with a
fraggin firewall built around a GUI interface I would THINK this whole
operation would be a heck of a lot SIMPLER!

Lee Robinson
Network Administrator