Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 11:30 PM
Subject: [FW-1] Topology tab of Checkpoint object - not able to specify Internal interface

First off, thank you guys for your input so far...

Ooooooook so after reading from SecureKnowledge, it was in fact the option for Traditional rules with encryption must be checked off, and THEN you have to recreate your whole policy. Yay, thanks CP. Now that I've done that BS, I am still unable to specify the External and Internal interfaces of the Checkpoint object. It just selects External and the bottom half of the Topology page is GREYED OUT such as the option for Internal, selecting the network it's behind, ect. When I select "Get Topology" it works fine, it just selects both of them as external and when I click OK, then all packets are dropped because it's transferring packets between two external interfaces...hence no Internet access until I remove the actual Internal interface (which is selected as External on the topology page).

So, my question is: WHY is the option to select which interface is Internal GREYED OUT?!?!?! Is anyone else having this much fun today? GEEZ, with a fraggin firewall built around a GUI interface I would THINK this whole operation would be a heck of a lot SIMPLER!

Lee Robinson

Network Administrator