Re: [FW-1] changing the remote management

hi,

what version is your fw1-module?

on the module you have to run cpconfig and reset SIC (if NG-module), then
do a "fw unloadlocal", configure SIC on the mgmt-station (you new one) and
install your policy.

cheers
reinhard

At 03:31 20.12.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We have been outsourcing our firewall management until now and due to a
>problem with the management we decided to change that policy and take
>our management inhouse. since we are not in very good terms with out
>outsource company so I am having considerable difficulties in managing
>the firewall.
>
>We have a sun sparc machine with solaris generic and firewall-1 100 user
>VPN module installed on it. The management console does not seem to be
>installed on it. I have installed full firewall and smart clients(NG
>FP3) on a different machine. I received a license from checkpoint Update
>site for the firewall. My management machine is on local network. I
>cannot connect to the sun machine by using SmartDashboard either by
>using certificate or admin user, it gets connected to localhost in demo
>mode though but then I cannot retrieve any rules or policies already
>installed on the firewall machine from there plus lots of functions are
>not available in local mode.
>I read most of the faqs on www.phoneboy.com and the checkpoint manuals
>but cannot figure out a straight method to connect the both machines.
>Is there a tutorial or a manual available for this situation?
>If possible can some body send me an instruction set on how to solve
>this situation.
>
>Ps.  Is it possible to manually change a policy from firewall console
>i.e editing a file like objects.C etc??
>Thanx.

>[email protected]

Reinhard Stich,   ASSIST    [email protected]
Internet Security AG, 1190 Wien, Nussdorfer Laende 29-33
Tel: +43 1 370 94 40  RS784-RIPE Fax: +43 1 370 94 40-10