Re: [FW-1] Fw-1 NG FP2

Greetings!

Marc Elsen wrote:

> Roberto Gonz�lez Sagredo wrote:
>

> >Now we have detected that sometimes the Ksoftirqd_CPU0 process is
> going up
> >and using practically all CPU cycles, and it means a decrease in the
> >performance of the Firewall, and some network cuts.
> >
> >Someone knows how we can fix this problem?
> >Is it a problem wiht the network cards?, or a problem with the Linux

With respect to KsoftIRQ the kernel 2.4.9 still is too new.
Kernel-SoftIRQs were introduced in 2.4.7 (see
http://lwn.net/2001/0726/kernel.php3). There are known issues with its
scheduling in these old/beta kernels, esp. the load jumping to 1 for
KsoftIRQd. Switching to a newer kernel will solve that problem (but
maybe are not compatible with CKP).

Bye

Volker Tanger
IT-Security Consulting