Re: [FW-1] FP3/Win2k Crash problem

Title: Message
Nick -- I had a similar problem not with a firewall thought, but it might be something to look into. The NIC drivers on one of our SQL boxes were out of date. After a period of time, never figured out what triggered it, the box would just "shut down" it would look like it was powered up (lights on the box) but no connectivity and nothing on the screen. Something to think about, it wasn't a Dell, but......
-----Original Message-----
From: Duda, Nick [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 5:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] FP3/Win2k Crash problem

I have CP FW1 FP3 running on a Dell Optiplex using Windows 2k Server SP3. This system is both enforcement and management. Every so often (more often lately) the system crash's to a black screen. The black screen is not a gui black screen but more like your holding the reset switch on the cpu down. Nothing appears in the Event Viewer, no dump files...a reboot simply fix's this. How can I diagnose this issue?

The system meets CP's min requirements and doesn't see much traffic. Its about 40 rules. This system is definitely not over powered.

Nick Duda, CCSA
Network Administrator
Evare, LLC
[email protected]