Re: [FW-1] NetScreen 5XP --> Checkpoint FW-1 4.1 on NT HELP!!!

> Ed Valasek wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
>         I am currently implementing a VPN (IKE) Connection between two
> of my offices and I have had some success as far as getting the P1 and
> P2 settings working by following all the guides posted.
>
>         My network setup is as follows: Network A - 192.168.x.x
> (Checkpoint Side)
>                                            Network B - 10.2.x.x
> (NetScreen Side)
>
> The issue I have ran into is that I can ping Network A from Network B,
> but I cannot ping Network B from Network A.
>
> Clients on Network B can browse the domain and access files etc etc on
> Network A, but Clients on the Checkpoint Side (Net A) cannot see the
> clients on the NetScreen Side (Net B).
>
> Anyone run into this issue or have some direction for me to solve this
> problem. Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Ed Valasek

 We never got a 'full' VPN link working between Netscreen5XP and
 Checkpoint FW-1 NG (FP1).
 Detailed analysis showed that there was some problem with
 exchanging 'large' packets between FW and Netscreen in 'VPN' (ipsec
mode).
 Problem was related to making the decision at what time
 packets should be fragmented,before or after ip-sec-ing.

 We think that FW and NG, differ on this issue, or either one
 of them is not real standard, or the ip sec standard is not
 clear on this issue (I am not sure).

 Anyway out of misery , we could only connect 2 company 'locations'
 by buying 2 netscreens and make sure that no other vendor (in this case
FW NG)
 was involved. Then it worked for us.

 I wonder in this context : anyone got VPN fully working
 between Netscreen and FW (either 4.1 and/or NG) ?

 Marc.

--

 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM