From: Chris Beauchamp [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 04 December 2002 03:25
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Problem with NAT'ed HP-UX Telnet

Hi,

I have an HP-UX server behind NG FP3 using NAT that will not respond to a telnet client.

If I setup a telnet server on Windows 2000 (on the same subnet as the HP-UX server) with the exact same rule/nat settings, it works properly.  Also ping (i.e. ICMP-proto) also does not work with HP-UX but fine on the Win2k server.

On both scenarios, the firewall reports accepting the traffic on the correct rule and NAT happening on the correct nat rule.  Although I am not the admin on the HP-UX box, I have had the admin verify that the server is setup correctly with the correct IP/Mask/Gateway information.  This HP-UX server responds correctly from non-firewalled subnets.

It looks like a NAT issue with this flavour of HP-UX.  Does anybody know of special configurations or settings for this HP-UX to allow it to work with a NAT'ed address?

Thanks in advance.

Chris