Re: [FW-1] Administrator's permission required for the management server (on Linix 7.2)

Hi Changhuan,

        Maybe you should try to put
        # Running Check Point environment script
      . /opt/CPshared/5.0/tmp/.CPprofile.sh
        inside your .profile

        It seems to me that your path may not be complete (I know
cpconfig is under /opt/CPshared/5.0/bin/ but if you look at
/opt/CPshared/5.0/tmp/.CPprofile.sh you will see that this is not
complete LIB_PATHS, etc, etc.)

        The other thing are the permitions...
        Please check the permitions for /opt, /opt/Cpshared,
/opt/Cpshared/5.0, /opt/Cpshared/5.0/bin and for last the "exec" files.
        Do the same for CPfw1-50.
        What you should see is something like this under
/opt/Cpshared/5.0/bin:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     333552 Aug  1 10:56 cpconfig
        Here you have permission settings for root (read,write,execute)
group other (read, execute) and everyone else (read and execute).
        If you have it like this and you are loading .CPprofile.sh/.csh
there is no reason it wont work.

        For security reasons during firewall instalation when it ask you
to either set group permissions or not and in the case you choose to set
a group and for example you set it to fwadmin group:

        1. You should have fwadmin group already created before you do
this setting.
        2. If the group is created you should have: ....after the
instalation is completed.
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     333552 Aug  1 10:56 cpconfig
        3. If you don't get this don't be afraid (if anyone as anything
against it please tell me) to do:

#under /opt
$chown -R root:fwadmin Cpshared
$chown -R root:fwadmin CPfw1-50
#Under /opt/Cpshared/5.0/bin
$chmod g+x *
#under /opt/CPfw1-50/bin
$"pretty much the same as above :P"

        The last two are just to be done in the case you see something
like this:
-rwx------   1 root     "group"     333552 Aug  1 10:56 cpconfig
        Wich I beleave, will not be the case, but it's kinda double
check:

        4. You're done.

Try it, if you want you can write down the old ownerships CP had set
before this change, but it's your choice.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Carlos Santos