[FW-1] more on LDAP

So I have progressed...I am now able to view my LDAP 'branches' within
the policy manager (internal users).  I can view, and bring up the edit
box for all of my users in NDS with pol manager.  However..when I bring
them up..the 'login name' value is missing. If I try to add it, and hit
save..I get an error on my LDAP server of ' illegal attribute'  .  The
last attribute listed is fw1ISAKMP-DataEncMethod..but I don't think
thats it...I'm assuming that NDS does not know what the attribute of
loginname is.  Going through the NG docs..loginname, as it is in the
edit box in policy manager..is actually 'uid'.  So now I'm back to
square one.  In NDS, I changed the schema mapping that WAS
uid-->uniqueID to uid-->cn.  So when NDS returns a query on uid..it
SHOULD give back the CN value.  which is...the userid/loginname.

If ANYONE has this working or has a clue about LDAP, please let me
know. This is driving me batty.

thx
Matt
NG FP1 against Novell eDirectory 8.6.2sp2a/LDAP 3.0