[FW-1] LDAP part3

I managed to get a demo license for LDAP authentication.  I have it
almost working with client auth against a Novell eDirectory 8.6.x system
with Novells LDAP v3.0.  I try to login via the Checkpoint http auth
page on port 900...and CAN SEE that the user credentials are getting
passed.  It asks me for my password, I type it in..hit 'okay'...and get
a ' FireWall1 message: Access denied - wrong user name or password'
message.  One note...after I hit 'okay' on my password..I see no further
movement on my LDAP server debug screen. Its almost as if the password
is NOT being sent back to the LDAP server for verification.

BUT..after I hit okay on the password..I see a reject in my log viewer
on service:  FW1_clntauth_http  at rule 0, with a source of my own
workstation.  I assume something is blocking my password input...but
what?

NG FP1 on IPSO 3.5fcs7
thx
Matt