From: Thomas L�thi [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 25 November 2002 14:12
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] NG FP3 and Nokia IPSO 3.5 vrrp problem

Hi

To set the fw_allow_unknown_if flag does not solve the problem.

The following shows a ping to the nokia box. x.x.x.174 is the VRRP virtual IP and x.x.x.173 is the real ip of the interface. The nokia box does not send an ping response from the real ip if I have pinged the virtual IP before.

C:\>ping x.x.x.174
Response from x.x.x.174: Bytes=32 Time=10ms TTL=255

C:\>ping x.x.x.173
Timeout.

C:\>arp -a
  Internetadresse       Physikal. Adresse     Typ
  x.x.x.173          00-a0-8e-32-fc-6c     dynamisch
  x.x.x.174          00-00-5e-00-01-0a     dynamisch

If I look at the firewall logfile I see both ICMP requests accepted by the firewall.

Maybe the problem is in the firewall topology configuration:
cluster topology:     all vrrp IPs of the cluster
member topology:  real ips of the nokias

Any ideas?

Thomas

        -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----