Sent: quinta-feira, 21 de Novembro de 2002 6:22
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Help please, Secure Remote setup problem

Hi there,

I got a problem on setting up Secure Remote to work from remote access.

Configuration:
FW-1 NG FP2 running on Win2k server, management server + enforcement module.
Secure remote FP2 client running on Win2k.
FW licensed on external IP address, while the firewall object itself is using internal IP address.

Problem:
At client side, it is not possible for secure remote client to create sites, with the typical error "Communication with gateway x.x.x.x at site x.x.x.x failed."

A small test network with a test firewall server and secure remote client PC worked perfectly, the client could create site and authenticated, the firewall configured as the same as the production one.

As I read from other topics that the firewall object should use an external IP, should anyone tell me what should I note if I also want to change the IP address of the Firewall ?

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message. Thank you.

INTERNET MAIL FOOTER

A presente mensagem pode conter informação considerada confidencial. Se o receptor desta mensagem não for o destinatário indicado, fica expressamente proibido de copiar ou endereçar a mensagem a terceiros. Em tal situação, o receptor deverá destruir a presente mensagem e por gentileza informar o emissor de tal facto.

Privileged or Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.