Re: [FW-1] Firewall Management HA Setup

Hi Yim,
first of all you will need a license for this feature. Then, the
Managements have to be installed on separate machines, without Firewall.
Then, it works quite fine.

The configuration is like
- Install Management on a separate machine selecting "secondary
management server"
- Copy from $FWDIR/conf/ from primrary to secondary management:
   internalCa.p12
   internalCA.NDB*
   internalCA.crl
   ICA.crl
- On the primary Management define the secondary as a Check Point, Host,
and select as installed product "secondary Management".
- Set up SIC with AuthPasswords
- Install/save the rulebase
- To synchronize select Policy, Management HA, Peer Status
   Then select synchronize
- Define the secondary Management as Master of your Firewalls, too.

You can synchronize manually or automatically then. And, it doens't
matter, which Management you use. But, you will need two machines
without Firewall installed - just the Management. If you can't separate,
maybe a backup by script will do also.

Hope it helps,
best regards,
Matthias
http://www.fw-1.de

--
AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
Wagenberger Strasse 1