Re: [FW-1] Upgrading Provider-1 FP2 to FP3

I tried upgrading from FP2 to FP3 on Provider-1 just now in lab.

The upgrade was successfully, but I got some strange msg when I
booted the management:

FW_BOOT_DIR undefined. Using /etc/fw.boot
FW-1: Disabling IP forwarding
FW-1: Loading default filter
Unable to open '/dev/fw0': No such file or directory
FW-1: Loading I/F device list: le qe qfe hme ge eri dmfe ce ba
fwifdev: open fw device: No such file or directory
FW-1: Starting bootd: fwbootd: open: No such file or directory
FW-1: Autopushing under UDP
ap: ioctl failed: Invalid argument
FW-1: UDP autopush failed: resetting ...

I didn't think the MDS should have a /dev/fw0 so why does it look
for it after an upgrade.

I think maybe its because I had to many packets install. Before I
upgraded I had the following packets installed:

application CPfg1-50       Check Point FloodGate-1 NG Feature Pack 2
application CPfgbc-41      Check Point FloodGate-1 4.1 for Backward
Compatibility
application CPfw1-50       Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG Feature Pack 2
application CPfwbc-41      Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 4.1 for Backward
Compatibility
application CPmds-50       Check Point Multi-Domain Server NG Feature Pack 2
application CPrtm-50       Check Point Real-time Monitor NG Feature Pack 2
application CPshrd-50      Check Point SVN Foundation NG Feature Pack 2

For a MDS I would think I could uninstall FloodGate and Real-time Monitor.
The rest is as far as I know needed.

After I had upgraded it I also had the Feature Pack 3 for all..

And I more thing. Can I delete the x-50 directories?

drwxr-xr-x   7 root     other        512 Nov 20 11:18 CPfg1-53
drwxrwx---  13 root     root         512 Nov 20 11:18 CPfw1-50
drwxrwx---  10 root     root         512 Nov 20 11:23 CPfw1-53
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         13 Nov 19 15:35 CPfw1-NG ->
/opt/CPfw1-50
drwxrwx---  10 root     root         512 Nov 20 11:18 CPfwbc-41
drwxrwx---   6 root     root         512 Nov 19 15:42 CPmds-50
drwxrwx---   6 root     root         512 Nov 20 11:34 CPmds-53
drwxrwx---   3 root     root         512 Nov 19 15:32 CPshared
drwxrwx---   9 root     root         512 Nov 20 11:16 CPshrd-53

Anyone have any idea?

Regards,
Torkel