[FW-1] FW-1 NAT/PAT problems on SP3

Hello,

I'm having some troubles with two Firewalls we have that need to use NAT
and PAT at the same time.

I had put ruleset for NAT like

IPGroup -> pub_server -> udp_53 | Original -> priv_server -> udp_503

After compilation this actually works as it should, in the logs of the
firewall I actually see translation going on but, if I run a snoop on
the DMZ interface in some cases I see my some IP's that are in the
IPGroup passing through the firewall to the pub_server on port 80 rather
than going to priv_server on port 81 and of course the connections are
lost after that.

This happens at the same time that other IP's are getting translated!!!

So we have like 10.10.1.1 going to the pub_server on port 53 and at same
time, We have 10.10.1.2 going to priv_server on port 503!!

Something is going really wrong here, my question is is there any change
that the firewall-1 can only handle a limited number of translated
sessions and passes the rest without doing any knid of translation?

We have  a firewall-1 sp3 runnig at the frontend and another one on the
backend same version (don't ask me why) and to minimize this situation
we had to set same rule on the backend so that if the translation
doesn't happen on the frontend to try again on the backend...

Now checking the logs again we really see in the backend traffic that
was not translated before and that was being dropped because of that and
now is being "retranslated".

Still in some cases again the translation doesn't happen wich in this
case gives us a big problem with loop traffic for a while because we
have a route set to the pub_server we should send the traffic to an
internal router in order to the translation work in the first place and
now if the translation rule doesn't work, wich happens in some cases, we
see the router giving the packet back to the firewall and so on and so
on untill we loose it by TTL

Any ideas guys?
If you have any, could you please reply to [email protected]?

I'd really appreciate some help on this, by the way do you know if this
is happening with any SP or if only SP3 is doing this kind of "dirty
work"? Should I upgrade to a recent SP and be sure that the problem get
solved?

Thanks in advance and I hope to have some answers relly fast!!PLEASE!!

Bye, bye,

CS

                      INTERNET MAIL FOOTER
A presente mensagem pode conter informação considerada confidencial.
Se o receptor desta mensagem não for o destinatário indicado, fica
expressamente proibido de copiar ou endereçar a mensagem a terceiros.
Em tal situação, o receptor deverá destruir a presente mensagem e por
gentileza informar o emissor de tal facto.
Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you
should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply
email.