[FW-1] Nokia and CheckPoint maintenance

Currently, we have about 13 Nokia 530 and 11 Nokia
330.  We have Nokia for both our hardware and
CheckPoint technical support.  We are paying about
$45K/yr with this number increasing as we add more
boxes.

We are thinking of bring the hardware support in-house
and pay as we go for the CheckPoint technical support.
 For hardware support, we are thinking of buying 2
Nokia 530 and 333 as spare.  The saving could be $100K
to $200K over a 3 to 5 year period.

What are your thoughts on this support model?  Is
there anyone doing this?  Is this model workable?
What are the drawbacks?

Thanks for your feedback,

Yim

http://webhosting.yahoo.com